Sunday, June 13, 2010

Its been a busy few weeks, between Park Hill Chefs and my side job at a catering company its been hectic, But, hectic is good, June is a busy month with graduations and end of school year ceremonies and it helps build a little nest egg during the lean summer “cheffin” months.

During this time I plan on keeping busy by teaching a few ServSafe classes and doing some community education classes as well. Right now I have some healthy cooking classes scheduled and may add a few more.

Another activity that I will be undertaking this summer is undertaking a Chef Challenge, I have submitted my application and will post details when the first round is selected. Keep your fingers crossed that I am selected, I know I will.

As part of the challenge I have to submit an original recipe and I have until Tuesday to come up with one. I am torn between a nice Southwestern dish or one that is beer based. The beer based option is certainly one that I will pursue in the near future if I do not select it as I plan on offering a Beer Dinner party option in the near future, this will pair different types of beer with several courses cooked with beer. Please contact me for further information if you would like to book a dinner party or would just like some suggestions on pairings.

Otherwise, have a wonderful summer and stay hydrated during the hot summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment